so last night i went to knit night and it was a lot of fun. It also proved very helpful since i got some good advice on why my shoulder caps weren't very much fun to sew in. The shoulder holes were perfect and the sleeves fit me well but they didn't match when i tried to piece them together so now I'm rebuilding. I ripped out the shoulder seams in an effort to make them smaller to fit the shoulder caps but then i was helped to realize that the shoulder caps are too small. So now i'm re-knitting the back to make it a little smaller and i'm reknitting the sleeve caps to make them a little bigger. Le-sigh! I guess this is a lesson in patience...! Hopefully they'll fit when I re-try to sew them and I'll be able to finally use this sweater before it gets to warm for wool.
I've also swatched for the Central Park Hoodie. I don't know how much I like the Cascade 220 knit on such big needles, I might go down in needle size and up in sizing to get the desired effect.
Mark my words, I will make and finish these two items.